[WBEL-users] Daily SSH attempted logins

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Mon Mar 7 18:33:38 CST 2005

No need. I long ago moved ssh to a funky port WAY up there... I have just
checked the logs and don't have a single instance of this. (I login with RSA
keys "passwordless" so I never fail to authenticate)

If it became much of a problem, I'd probably set up a script to look for
repeated failures and deny after a few (say, 5 failures) for 24 hours.

-Ben

On Monday 07 March 2005 11:17, "Raúl D. Pittí Palma" wrote:
> has anyone here try port knocking? i think this may help a little. Also,
> block all the offending ip addresses.

- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978