[WBEL-users] Disk check at boot

Daniel J. Summers daniel at djs-consulting.com
Wed Mar 9 09:53:44 CST 2005

Mark Kelly wrote:

>Hi
>
>Rebooting my whitebox machine after a powercut, I got the message about
>pressing Y to check disks. I did so, and all was well (phew).
>
>What I was wondering was what would have happened if I hadn't been there to
>press the key - I'm thinking more of remote reboots etc.

It's been my experience that with ext3, you'll probably still be okay.
Whether you press "Y" or not, it still recovers the journal.  Of course,
my experience is not universal, and my ext3 partition is on my personal
computer, so it's not getting banged nearly as hard as a server would.

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	daniel at djs-consulting.com <mailto:daniel at djs-consulting.com>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++