[WBEL-users] VMWare

Daniel J. Summers daniel at djs-consulting.com
Mon Mar 14 20:19:55 CST 2005

Scott Silva wrote:

>Daniel J. Summers wrote:

>>>I'm thinking about saving up the money to purchase VMWare, so I can
>>>run the few Windows apps that I can't get working with wine under
>>>Linux without having to reboot.  $189 is pretty pricey for an
>>>individual, though - before I spend that money, I wanted to hear from
>>>some experienced VMWare users.
>>>

>>Thanks to everyone for their advice and tips.  I'm sitting at about 1.7G
>>free right now, so any sort of  experimentation that requires a full
>>install of Windows would require me removing my Windows partition (10GB)
>>and reinstalling Linux.  I'll probably end up waiting until I can
>>acquire a bigger hard drive.  :)
>>
>>Thanks again!
>>

>You could run VMWare and use that 10 gig windows partition, you wouldn't
>need to do much to make it work.

Would I be able to boot that partition without reformatting/reinstalling
Windows?  I've heard of folks having boot problems if they didn't do XP
first.  My hobbyist time is limited right now (new child & deploying
project), so I don't want to mess anything up that might take a long
time to put back.  ;)

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	daniel at djs-consulting.com <mailto:daniel at djs-consulting.com>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++