[WBEL-users] problems on compaq nx9040

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Mar 15 10:30:10 CST 2005

tito.basa wrote:
> hi!
>
> i'm having problems with WBEL 3.0 on Compaq nx9040
> particularly the screen resolution. Can't set it to
> 1024x768 even if it detected the correct graphics card
> but only 800x600 (it detected an unprobed LCD monitor)
>
> after installation, setting it to 1024x768, then restarting X
> (CTRL + ALT + backspace) is no good...Googling around
> didn't help much :(
>
> linux also used to hang when shutting down on Gnome
> so i shutdown on CLI even on updated packages
> (this was fixed somehow when I ran Bastille but
> still don't know what exactly fixed the problem)
>
> any help or doc to guide me here and also
> to enable my wireless and dial-up modem
>
> TIA
Did you try and specify the correct monitor?
If it detected only an 800x600 display, it will not configure anything
higher.
This is the closest link I could find on Google.
http://freax.be/wiki/index.php/Installing%20RH9%20on%20a%20Compaq%20nx9010%20laptop
It is for Redhat 9 on a nx9010
But it is a start.

--