[WBEL-users] Announcing the availability of White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 Respin 2

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Wed Mar 16 16:12:27 CST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, John Morris wrote:

> The graphical bootsplash in the installer is gone due to a lack of space
> on the boot floppy image.

I do way less than John, but do replace the bootsplash image, and it doesn't ..

Why would I /not/ go back to the old one ?

Is serial ATA now supported on boot ?

[confession: I have never actually needed it, but I saw it listed]

Thanks for all your hard work.

I grabbed /RedHat/base/ from disk 1, and /isolinux/ and /images/, and
all my old (err .. new) RPMs, and built a CD just fine.

So - very interested in differences in the boot environment.

I rarely use the floppy boot, but I consider it mandatory.

Cheers,  Andy!