[WBEL-users] Announcing the availability of White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 Respin 2

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Mar 16 20:03:08 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 16:12, Andy Rabagliati wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, John Morris wrote:
>
> > The graphical bootsplash in the installer is gone due to a lack of space
> > on the boot floppy image.
>
> I do way less than John, but do replace the bootsplash image, and it doesn't ..

Apparently RH couldn't do it either because the current anaconda is
setup to supress installing it.  There is only 8 1K blocks to spare on
the boot floppy currently and my splash is about 9 1/2K.  It would be
nice if it would just leave it off the floppy and still include it in
the pxe and isolinux versions but that version of anaconda isn't smart
enough to do that and I ain't smart enough to fix it.

The kernel has just grown.  Which is why they no longer even try to make
a floppy with 2.6 kernels.

> Is serial ATA now supported on boot ?

More are, yes.  Still expect some of the latest machines to have
problems.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!