[WBEL-users] liberation-respin2-binary-i386-2.iso is broken in the mirrors

Kay Diederichs kay.diederichs at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Mar 17 02:04:44 CST 2005

John Morris wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 10:53, Pasi Sjoholm wrote:
>

>>it seems that liberation-respin2-binary-i386-2.iso is broken because I'm
>>getting md5sum that doesn't match with sum in the
>>respin2-md5sum-match-file.
>

> Ok, seems there hasn't been a release yet without this issue coming up.
> Question is always whether it is really bad on the mirrors.  If anyone
> has downloaded good images of iso #2 via ftp, sing out with which mirror
> you got it from.  Lets nail this down.

One data point:

I got a _bad_ liberation-respin2-binary-i386-2.iso (with md5sum
11f13ff273721f5bb243c6a198bd0cc9 as others noted) with rsync from ftp.esat.net

Interestingly, its size is 666312704, exactly like the one on
rsync://rsync.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu (according to another posting - I can't access
that site myself because it has more than 40 users) - this is why rsync does not
correct the problem by itself, unless the -c option is used.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

Kay