[WBEL-users] Upgrading WBEL3 to WBEL4

iron monkey quan.lo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:40:13 CST 2005

Ah.

So let me get this straight.  It could be possible to do an upgrade
from RHEL3.0 -> 4.0, and subsequently WBEL,  using anaconda.

Using WBEL 3.0  as a scenario:

backup data.
power down WBEL 3.0
put in WBEL4.0 disk 1
power up
choose upgrade
anaconda works flawlessly  :)
reboot and restore data

I'm being a little facetious of course.  I've never actually tried an
upgrade like that with RedHat before.  Usually I've always completely
blown away the old version, after backing up data, and then installed
the new version to freshly formatted partitiions.

I've never really experiemented with another way which is why I'm curious.

When WBEL 4.0 comes out I'm going to experiment of course--just trying
to reduce a little wheel reinvention.

TIA