[WBEL-users] Re: High Point HPT-372 drivers

keith morse kgmorse at mpcu.com
Sun Mar 20 21:44:20 CST 2005

keith morse wrote:

>> Just wondering if any list members are using this chipset on Whitebox
>> or other RHEL derivatives.  It appears to be a slighty older chipset
>> and the only drivers appear to be for RH9 and are binary only.
>

> Looked a little harder at the highpoint website and found the source
> tarball.  Now I'm faced with a different issue.  How does one create a
> new driver disk for RHEL/Whitebox?  So far the instructions I've found
> talk about creating a floppy from the img file from the distribution,
> but not about creating the img file in the first place.

This is the one I'm finally stuck on.  Is there such a rpm package as
kernel-source-2.4.21-15.ELBOOT?  I've tried using
kernel-source-2.4.21-15.EL.i386.rpm and modifying Makefile's EXTRAVERSION to
-15.ELBOOT, then copied configs/kernel-2.4.21-i686.config to .config in
/usr/src/linux-2.4.  Ran make oldconfig and make dep then compiling the
hpt372 driver again.

When using this driver during install it fails to insert due to unresolved
symbols.