[WBEL-users] Problems with whitebox 3 respin2

francisco at isgleas.net francisco at isgleas.net
Mon Mar 21 09:43:35 CST 2005

> I may try installing the bare server package then, once configured and
> running, try installing additional packages. I am redownloading (is that a
> word?)  all discs using bittorrent now and will probably try that set of
> discs first.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

Did you burn the discs at full speed? If so, you may try burning them at
8x (or any speed lower than 12x would work as well). I think the problem
is that at installation, there's no cdrom driver loaded, so it's been
managed via BIOS which cannot support high-speed drives.

Try and give us feedback. This procedure has always been a solution on the
problem you describe (besides the md5sum checking).

C'ya