[WBEL-users] Strange email behavior

Richard Humphrey rlhumphrey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 08:48:27 CST 2005

I set up a server using WBEL 3.0 Respin1 and initially had it set up
sending/recieving mail (using sendmail) for a personal domain. I
recently discontinued that domain and changed the machine over to use
another domain (reset hostname, changed hosts file and
/etc/sysconfig/networking (i think)) . Yes, I know I could have done
virtual hosting but I didnt want to mess with it at the time.

As far as I can tell, everything has been changed to reflect the new
domain, but I still get emails like this.

The original message was received at Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:01:43 -0600
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

<admin at myolddomain.com>
    (reason: 553 5.3.5 system config error)

553 5.3.5 myolddomain. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)
554 5.3.5 Local configuration error

It still reflects myolddomain.com instead of using the newdomain.com

Any ideas?

I have grep'd for any instance of olddomain.com anywhere in my /etc
directory and it doesnt find anything.

admin is an alias in my /etc/alias file that points to my valid user
account on this machine.

--
Richard Humphrey