[WBEL-users] That hard disk - again

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Mon May 2 00:40:01 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 16:12, Francies Moore wrote:
> Hi everyone,

[snip]

> The only different thing about this system is that the CD drive is the
> primary master (/dev/hda) - could this setup cause problems?  The failed
> disks were /dev/hdb and /dev/hdc.

I always have CDroms as slaves to harddrives. It's better to have the
"faster" device the master.. and singles if possible.

Also do you have a big enough power supply?  I have had one system that
has had weird problems with drives dying and it's because there wasn't a
big enough power supply in the system.

Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/