[WBEL-users] a question about the createroot-4 util

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu May 5 12:17:55 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 08:23, Ralph Blach wrote:
> if [ ! -d $PKGS ] ; then
>          echo "Packages for $DARCH not installed under $DISTRO."
>          exit 1
> fi
> Does this assume that I have compiled rpms available?
> If so, which architecture?

Whichever arch you are building the chroot for.  You pass the arch as
the only argument to createchroot-x or it defaults to i386.

The contents under $DISTRO is the usual dump all of the CD contents in
style.  It only needs WhiteBox/RPMS for WBEL4 or RedHat/RPMS for the
earlier versions and RHEL4-B2 since it isn't doing a full anaconda style
install.

On my machine the full path is /whitebox/distrib/4/en/os/i386 for the
i386 tree.  This tree structure matches the main whitebox repo so I can
just rsync it.  Feel free to move things so long as you edit the defines
at the top of the scripts.

Yes it is sort of a chicken & egg thing to bootstrap up. I started with
RHEL4-B2 and built all of the final packages on it, then populated a 4
tree with those, made a new chroot and repeated the build, repopulate
cycle a couple of times to knock loose the issues picked up by starting
on the beta and the changes of moving rpm to whitebox defaults.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!