[WBEL-users] RPMBUILD Confusion ?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu May 5 17:40:02 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 12:44, Ralph Blach wrote:
> John,
>
> In your script to build a chroot enviroment you have the line,
>
> is the the pointer to the package list on the current running system?

Ok, here are all of the defines:

VERSION=4
HPLATFORM=`uname -m`
CHROOT=/whitebox/trees/$VERSION/en/$DARCH
DISTRO=/whitebox/distrib/$VERSION/en/os/$DARCH
PKGS=$DISTRO/WhiteBox/RPMS
DATADIR=/whitebox/utils/data/$VERSION

VERSION is self explanatory.  HPLATFORM gets set to the native arch of
the real environment, in my case x86_64.  CHROOT is where the the top of
the chrooted tree gets built.

DISTRO is where the complete tree for the distribution lives.  It should
have a WhiteBox|RedHat directory with an RPMS and base subdirectory
inside, an SRPMS directory, etc.  I dump the contents of all of the CDs
there or rsync in from the main repo.  PKGS you will note is just DISTRO
with the WhiteBox/RPMS part added in.

DATADIR is pointing to where files from the tarball itself lives.
whitebox-buildutils.tar.gz is intended to be unpacked in /whitebox
leaving a utils subdirectory in it.  down data/4 you will find lists of
packages to install in the correct order.  I will be updating that
tarball as soon as I finish writing some more README stuff because I
think the version on the webpage still has a couple of packages throwing
minor errors because of missing deps on scrollkeeper.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!