[WBEL-users] RPMBUILD Confusion ?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Fri May 6 18:51:23 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 07:49, Ralph Blach wrote:
> John,
>
> Ok, I am still a little hazy.  Lets say I am starting out with a fedora
> 3 distribution. Is distro where the fedora RPM live?

Probably not.  $DISTRO points to the distribution you want to load into
the chroot.  It would only point to a FC3 tree if you wanted to load a
clean FC3 into a chroot for development.  Not a totally unreasonable
thing, but the scripts would need tweaking since I haven't created one
specifically for any of the FC releases.

For example, in my environment I have FC2 installed on my buildhost.  I
have four primary (not counting some left over from working up from
RHEL4-B2 to WBEL4) chroot environments installed currently, WBEL3-i386,
WBEL3-x86_64, WBEL4-i386 and WBEL-x86_64.  So down /whitebox/distrib I
have
/whitebox/distrib/3.0/en/os/i386 with a full set of White Box 3 - i386
CDs, although I got it by rsync from the primary mirror instead of
mounting and copying out each CD.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!