[WBEL-users] How big is the entire mirror site?

William Hooper whooperhsd2 at earthlink.net
Tue May 10 15:09:07 CDT 2005

Alon wrote:
> Hi y'all,
>

> I thought a mirror site is just couple of gigs,.. well.. now that I
> passed the 9.1GB of rsynced data and still going, I'm wondering how big is
> that monster?? I don't have unlimited space,.. I was thinking of provding
> only 6GB.. already as mentioned at 9GB,. now I'm the ends of my space.
> Anyone has some insight on how much should I be prepared for?

You can get a guestimate by looking at an existing mirror site.

Set of WBEL3 i386 ISOs (including source ISOs) ~ 3.2 Gb, so three releases
of WBEL3 i386 ~ 9.6Gb.
Exploded tree of WBEL3 i386 release ~ 3.2 Gb.

Set of WBEL3 x86_64 ISOs (including source ISOs) ~ 3.2 Gb, so two releases
of WBEL3 x86_64 ISOs ~ 6.4 Gb.
Exploded tree of WBEL3 x86_64 ~ 3.2 Gb.

Total for WBEL3 without updates ~ 22.4 Gb.

I can cheat (since I have them) and tell you that the updates for i386 are
~ 2.1 Gb, I would guess x86_64 is about the same.  So:

Total for WBEL3 with updates ~ 26.6 Gb.

Similar math for WBEL4 gives and additional ~10.2 Gb.

--
William Hooper