[WBEL-users] White Box Enterprise Linux 4

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling at birddog.com
Wed May 11 13:47:49 CDT 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 02:33:08PM -0400, Richard Swift wrote:
> I would imagine that it is a bit early for this question but has anyone
> successfully installed Oracle 10g (Non-Client) on WBEL4?
>
> My machine is currently running WBEL3 w/ Oracle 10g.  Not a production
> box but rather a home FTP,Print and File server.  I am interested in
> upgrading to WBEL4 in large part for the new kernel.

This guys normally has the best Oracle Install instructions.  I
don't see any WBEL4.0 install instructions.

http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml

My guess is that you have to do some minor trickery with the
/etc/redhat-release file.  Then follow the RHEL4.0 instructions.
However, I've never done it.  He in mentions that even with
authentic RHEL4.0 you have to do some /etc/redhat-release trickery,
as the installer doesn't recognize it as a supported release.

All that said, I've never installed WBEL4, and I've never installed
Oracle10g.  However, that guys instructions are generally far more
useful then what you get from Oracle directly.

    Thanks,
        Kirby