[WBEL-users] How are problems fixed in the current ISO (WBEL4)

Pete Biggs pete at physchem.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 12 17:11:41 CDT 2005

Aaron Marroquin wrote:
> I haven't yet begun my change over to Linux (current Windows user) due
> to lack of time at the moment.  But I have been following the
> conversations on the users group.  My questions is, how are bugs fixed
> in the current ISO online?  Should I wait to install or should I
> install and learn to fix on my own?  Eventually I am going to need to
> learn to fix these problems but as this is going to be for my personal
> desktop it is not critical that I know what to do right away.
> Advise/comments appreciated.

After you install from the ISOs you can set it to update from the online
repositories.  If you use respin2, there aren't that many updates at the
moment.  Once you've done the initial update you can turn on automatic
updates if you want.  Basically, it's much the same as in the windows
environment - you install the XP you get with the machine, then you
rapidly do the windows update thing (hoping that your machine doesn't
get hacked in the meantime), then once it's done you can set it to do
automatic updates.

P.

--
Pete Biggs :{)       pete @ physchem.ox.ac.uk     pete.biggs @ chem.ox.ac.uk