[WBEL-users] grub and yum probel WBEL4

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu May 12 19:09:36 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 08:02, Novak Roman - roman.novak at iskratr.si wrote:

> I tried to install WBEL4 and i made RAID1 on /dev/hda1 and /dev/hdd1.
> Installation went ok, then i reboot and it says GRUB and then stop. I
> booted in rescue mode and tried to do grub-install (this heleped, when
> i had no raid). I says "that it cannot load stage 1", so there is
> probably some problem with grub. I solved this with installing WBEL3
> (grub works like a charm), and then i upgrade to WBEL4 (during
> instalation, i  choose to upgrade GRUB, and it is working now).
> X-files, in short. Hope it helps,

Wierd.  Are you installing grub on the MBR or is it trying to put it on
/dev/hda1?  I know grub-install can't put it on a RAID1 partition, was
in a long thread/flamewar over on the FC lists on that subject.

> Second problem i have is yum.
> when i run yum update, it says  "Config error: Insufficient repository
> configuration. No repositories Found/Enabled. Aborting." Then i cp
> /etc/yum.repos.d/wbelmirrors.yum /etc/yum.repos.d/wbel.repo and run
> yum update again.
> Now i get only errors with those servers, probably because ftp path is
> wrong.

Problem is on my end.  Still populating the WBEL4 trees and haven't got
everything loaded up.  Today's project was populating in over a CD's
worth of errata for WBEL3 to get caught up with the last month when I
was pushing to get 4 out.  Now to do the same for 4 and get the yum
metadata created.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!