[WBEL-users] updates

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed May 18 23:47:15 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 11:11 -0700, bishop wrote:

> Sorry, Craig, but I didn't see a REPOSITORY OF APTIFIED WBEL4 PACKAGES
> at that location -- but thank you for the effort.
>
> Additionally, the packages I see at
> http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/i386/SRPMS.dag/, the reference Dag's
> stuffing into the apt.conf in those apt packages seem to be his own
> packages;  again, not exactly the official RPMs I'm needing here, in
> addition to not quite a practice I'd endorse except at gunpoint.
>
> As I said, the effort was good but the result wasn't right, exactly.
> Anyone else with a better lead?
----
sorry - I didn't catch that you wanted the base OS in an apt repository,
forgive my ignorant reply.

As for Dag's repository and his packaging...I think it's rather superb
and I haven't a clue what your gunpoint reference is actually about.
Every server that I have WBEL, CentOS or RHEL installed on has either
apt or yum pointing to Dag's repository (yum on CentOS and WBEL), apt on
RHEL.

It would seem that Johnny Hughes offered the most fruitful perspective -
that CentOS offers more bells and whistles at this point but given the
previous problems WBEL had with mirrors, I got the impression that many
had gone to rsync'ing WBEL repository to somewhere on their own networks
for higher availability and perhaps this affords an opportunity to add
the necessary structure for apt.

Craig