[WBEL-users] xfce on WBEL3?

Raymond Lillard rlillard at sonic.net
Thu May 19 18:16:56 CDT 2005

Vic wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm trying to install xfce on a WBEL installation. As far as I can see,
> there aren't any xfce RPMs on the CDs[1]...
>
> Has anyone done this? I'm still trying to build from the SRPMs on
> Sourceforge, but I think they're faulty...

Go the the XFCE website.  XFCE 4.2.2 was just released.
You can download an installer with will automatically
do the whole thing.  I did it last night in less than
30 minutes.

It installs under "/usr/local/..." and doesn't interfere
with the RPMs.  At least it didn't on my system.
As usual, YMMV.

Fire it up with "startxfce4".

Ray