[WBEL-users] updates and X problem

David Bussenschutt buzz at oska.com
Thu May 19 18:43:36 CDT 2005

Hi All,
Question 1: Last night my RHEL ES3 box updated a huge bunch of it's RPM's
via up2date so it's now at "Taroon Update 5" - is WBEL planning on
continuing to release new 'update' RPMs for ES3 now that WB/ES 4 is out? (I
also have WBEL ES3 respin2 on a couple of boxes, so their upkeep is
important to me).

Question 2: Oh, and on another problem with WBEL3(respin2)... Has anyone
else had problems with their X instalation after updating all their RPMs?  I
did a 'server' install(plus developemt tools and stuff), and then
immediately after that updated everything with up2date/yum, and following
the full update and reboot, my initial X 'login' screen has no text and no
logos and no buttons and is non-functional.   Perhaps one of the RPM's was
broke?   Which one do you think it might be?

Buzz.