[WBEL-users] Upgrading questions...

James Marcinek james_marcinek at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 17:55:40 CDT 2005

Hey Everyone,

While I know this is for White box linux, my RHEL3
system (which is my mail server) is having issues. I'm
hoping someone here can help me out.

I use an ITE 8212 ATA card for a 200 gig hard drive.
The drivers are not native to Red Hat (I had to get
them from the vendor). The driver's disk drvblock.img
doesn't help me out when I try to upgrade as it
doesn't load the proper drivers.

Does anyone have any experience with dealing with
this. I'd like to upgrade my system but since the
drivers aren't recognized the partitions (volume
group)can't be read. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW- I had already posted to the Red-hat list but got
no reply

Thanks,

James