[WBEL-users] Iptables and syslogd

Jean Lee jean.lee at free.fr
Mon May 23 10:13:30 CDT 2005

Hello,

I have an iptables firewall which works fine and I am using a LOG chain
to log denied packets
It works fine and all the packets are logged to /var/log/messages

Now, I want to log all (and only) these denied packets in a different
file. For example /var/log/iptables.log.
I tried a few things in syslog.conf like

iptables.none             /var/log/messages
iptables.*                  /var/log/iptables.log

But it doesn't work because iptables is not a known facility like cron.

Does anybody knows how to do it ?

Thank you for any answer...

Jean LEE