[WBEL-users] Trying to install yum on wbel 4

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Mon May 23 18:46:43 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 08:21, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> > distroverpkg=redhat-release

Yup, this needs fixing.

> Yum 2.2.x requires the createrepo type metadata ... the up2date version
> included with WBEL4 will require the old yum-arch style headers (as does
> yum-2.0.x).  So, both types need to be generated for WBEL-4.

Ok, this explains why I was having success locally.  I only use
up2date.  Apparently yum itself isn't required for it to access a yum
repo.  The FC3 createrepo just installed on the file server and appears
to have created the repodata tree.  Hopefully this will get it going.
But it looks like a new yum package and whitebox-release need to happen.

At least it does work for the up2date path so it makes sense to package
up the fixes since they can get fetched automatically by using up2date
even if someone then wants to just use yum.

> To enable yum groups for yum-2.2.x (wbel-4) you would need to copy the
> file over (or ln -s it) into the main directory as above.  I can be
> named anything ... I call it yumgroups.xml for consistency.

I think I just managed it by doing "createrepo -g
WhiteBox/base/comps.xml ." from the top of the tree.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!