[WBEL-users] shared memory ...

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Mon May 23 20:55:49 CDT 2005

WBEL is simply one person's redistribution..he never says
anywhere on the site he intended to nurture a community.  one has
spring up which is a testament to mr. Morris's dedication and
quality.  As long as mr. morris is able to continue making the
WBEL distro and Redhat continues making SRPMS available WBEL
isn't going anywhere.

Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have several questions.
>

>   An application written for RHEL 3 works correctly (the lock manager
> portion that uses shared memory) under RHEL 3 and WBEL. Interestingly,
> it fails entirely under Centos. (I understood they were both built from
> the same sources). Do I have reason to be concerned by this?
>

>   I recently read a comment by a Dev (at WBEL) stating that he was
> leaving for the greener pastures of Centos. This is what prompted my
> trying Centos to begin with - and its subsequent failure. Is this true,
> what does that mean, what is the future of WBEL? (See question one for
> significance).
>
> Thanks in advnce
> Jim

Computer House Calls, Networks, Security, Web Design:
http://www.emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
What businesses are in Brunswick, Maryland?  Check Brunswick First!
http://www.checkbrunswickfirst.com
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou
shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: