[WBEL-users] WBEL4 from here forward?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Tue May 24 21:51:43 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 21:36, Daniel J. Summers wrote:
> Good evening/morning/etc....
>
> Pardon the duplication if this question has been asked and answered
> already - but, if WBEL4 is installed from the currently available ISO's,
> at that point, will it be able to be yummed until it is replaced?  Or,
> since it's technically a "release candidate" (or am I misinformed on
> that?), will a reinstall be needed when the "final" comes out?

The 'official' release of 4 is what is currently out.  I think I can fix
things by issuing a couple of errata packages since up2date does work.
So you would have to run up2date once to collect the fixes.

whitebox-release: change /etc/yum.repos.d/wbelmirrors.yum to
/etc/yum.repos.d/wbelmirrors.repo and add a provides: redhat-release to
the .spec just to guard against future problems.

yum:  In /etc/yum.conf change distroverpkg=redhat-release to
distroverpkg=whitebox=release.

up2date: Nuke the shadowman again.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!