[WBEL-users] Recommendation for BIND only distro?

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Wed May 25 12:16:33 CDT 2005

Here's what I've always wanted to do:

Since you're running WBEL, keep running it. Its easier if everything you
have is the same.  Make sure the only service you have running is bind
and ssh.

Make WBEL boot from a CD. Keep your zone files on another server and
have the bind server that directory. That way if you have a hardware
failure, you just slide the CD in a similiar machine, reboot and you're
rolling...

WBEL running just bind and ssh should very secure.

:) Dave

--

Open Source Information Systems (OSIS)
Dave J. Hala Jr. <dave at osis.us>