[WBEL-users] What's the wrong?

Nick Bright nick.bright at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:00:40 CDT 2005

Yes, that is the correct solution. For the sake of the mailing list,
I'll mention *why* this was a problem for you (I've had this problem
as well): the internal DB file format of RPM changed with an RPM
version upgrade. So, the __db files were the wrong format, and thus
caused an RPM error.

In general deleting the __db* files will do the trick, but in some
cases that isn't the only thing effected:

One server I run with WBEL3 has SW-Soft's Plesk 7.0.4 product for web
hosting management, which interacts with RPM directly. This software
could /not/ handle the newer version of RPM, so I had to roll it back
to the older version of RPM and put it in my skiplist in up2date.

- Nick Bright
  Terraworld, Inc