[WBEL-users] Mozilla and X issues after recent updates

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:49:00 CDT 2005

On 5/27/05, Kirby C. Bohling <kbohling at birddog.com> wrote:
> My other issue that started at the same time is that Mozilla will
> just close down.  When I'm scrolling, or right after clicking on a
> link.  There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it that I can tell.

I have no idea on your startx problem, but Mozilla problems after
upgrades frequently come from profile problems.

The "mozilla" way of fixing it is to run

$ mozilla -ProfileManager

Which will give a pretty gui to create a new profile.  Try using that
profile for a while and if it fixes the problem, abandon the old
profile (export bookmarks and such first) and then use the new one
permanently.

Good luck,
Greg