[WBEL-users] HELP: Adding a dynamic IP & Static IP Address to same ethernet interface

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Mon May 30 05:05:33 CDT 2005

How do I add two IP addresses to the same ethernet card on my WBEL 4
machine acting as a firewall and a router. One static IP address is
already allocated and connects to an ADSL ISP and the second IP
required is a dynamic one to be allocated by DHCP by second ISP.

My machine has three cards , one is connected to DMZ, Second to
Internal Network and the third one is required to two ISPs. Don't have
any more slots so want to use a four port switch with vlan
partitioning for connecting two dsl connections to the card connecting
to the internet.

Plan to use IProute2 to route traffic (still studying it) but don't
know how to add a second dynamic ip to my eth. card.

Someone please guide.

With best regards.
Sanjay.