[WBEL-users] More about updates

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Mon May 30 17:14:46 CDT 2005

On 5/29/05, Fernando Apesteguía <fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

<snip>

> ftp://mirror.netseoul.com/pub/whitebox/4/en/updates/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
> Trying other mirror.
> updates-released          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> ftp://ftp.opensourcemirrors.org/linux/whitebox/4/en/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:

<snip>

I tried both of those URLs in my browser and find that they don't
exist.  Going up a directory does exist for the first, and the URL:
http://www.opensourcemirrors.org/linux/whitebox/4/en/updates/x86_64/
may be more appropriate for the second.

> But kernel 2.6.9-5.0.5 is available and I want to upgrade my system
> (kernel and other several packages). How can I do it?

John recently mentioned having some problems with the yum setup and
someone posted on the list how to get it to work, but I believe
up2date works.

#man up2date

?

Greg