[WBEL-users] More about updates

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:05:03 CDT 2005

Hi,

Ok, I run up2date agent and update some packages. Now up2date tells me
that my system is completely updated.

I didn't install openoffice.org during normal installation and I
wanted to install it now. I notice that openoffice.org is not ported
to x86_64 (mainly because it does not compile clean). When I run:

yum install openoffice.org

I see:

Error: Missing Dependency: libbonobo-2.so.0 is needed by package openoffice.org
Error: Missing Dependency: libbonobo-activation.so.4 is needed by
package openoffice.org
Error: Missing Dependency: libebook.so.8 is needed by package openoffice.org
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnomevfs-2.so.0 is needed by package
openoffice.org
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnome-2.so.0 is needed by package openoffice.org
Error: Missing Dependency: libedataserver.so.3 is needed by package
openoffice.org
Error: Missing Dependency: libbonobo-activation.so.4 is needed by
package openoffice.org-libs
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnomevfs-2.so.0 is needed by package
openoffice.org-libs

I have this files in lib64 directory and I supose that these above are
the 32-bit version right?
why doesn't yum resolve this dependencies? (maybe from the i386 tree)

Thanks!!!

PS: Sorry for asking about this again....