[WBEL-users] Re: Yum missing packages for WBEL4?

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Wed Nov 23 17:44:03 CST 2005

> libgdk_imlib.so.1()(64bit)

> So it is obviously there and installed, and yet, I am still getting the
> error msg:
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgdk_imlib.so.1 is needed by package
> gtk-engines

This is looking like one of those 32-bit/64-bit problems. I had quite a
bit of the same when trying to get OpenOffice running on an AMD64
platform; I "fixed" it in the end by installing both 64-bit *and* 32-bit
RPMs.

Note that this is a very unsatisfactory fix; all sorts of things work
poorly afterwards. But I *really* needed to be able to read the documents
my boss was sending me...

Vic.