[WBEL-users] Re: Mail Server Help

Jerry Amundson jerry at pbs.com
Thu Oct 6 17:17:09 CDT 2005

On Thu October 6 2005 10:29, Marcio Alejandro wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I'm trying to mount a mail server in my box but I don't have a clue
> on the thing I need to do this, can please anybody give me a clue ???

The sendmail or postfix packages are needed to receive mail form other
mail servers ("SMTP").

The imap package provides IMAP and POP for client access (Outlook,
T-bird, Kmail, etc.)

Or, if you're up for a little more adventure, Courier
http://www.courier-mta.org provides it all in a very flexible, stable
manner, but you build, compile, etc. yourself.

I could give more details in either case, but you'd need to ask a better
question... ;-)

jerry