[WBEL-users] Mail Server Help

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Oct 7 10:42:31 CDT 2005

Vic spake the following on 10/7/2005 12:04 AM:
>>I'm trying to mount a mail server in my box but I don't have a clue on
>>the thing I need to do this, can please anybody give me a clue ???
>

> You'll need sendmail and imap, as mentioned elsewhere.
>
> You might also like to try Webmin ( http://www.webmin.com/ ) to help you
> configure it in the first place (although WBEL comes pretty much
> pre-configured, as far as that is possible).
>
> Once you think you're done, check your server at
> http://abuse.net/relay.html .
>
> HTH
>
> Vic.
Then after it is working, you might want to add some customizations like
spamassassin (http://spamassassin.apache.org),
 Mailwatch (http://mailwatch.sourceforge.net),
 and MailScanner (http://www.mailscanner.info)
And there are several free virus scanners like Bitdefender and ClamAV.
You can have a very good mailserver with these.

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |