[WBEL-users] Mail Server Help

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Oct 12 22:14:56 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 21:28 +0000, Marcio A. Regalado wrote:
> Hello everybody !!!!!
>
> Well I've been doing a little research on mail servers and have some
> isues than don't quite understand.
>
> First: my server is able to send mail but not to receive (I think this
> has something to do with the fact that I have not an static IP) but I
> have no-ip redirecting all the mail to my correct IP.
----
you have to have an mx record in dns for your domain point to a specific
address (A record) which is always a fixed ip address. You probably need
to work this out with whoever provides dns for your domain.
----

> Second: Do I have to configure something in the sendmail.mc file to
> receive mail
----
get the whole scoop here
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/ref-
guide/ch-email.html
----

> Third: How do I configure sendmail to look for mail on non standard ports
----
above link might be helpful.

www.sendmail.org has documentation too.

to receive email, you pretty much have to have it come in to the normal
smtp port (25)

Craig

believed to be clean.