[WBEL-users] Adaptec 2120s SCSI Raid Controller

Daniel T. Gynn dan.gynn at essensys.com
Thu Oct 13 14:01:19 CDT 2005

We've had the same problems with these controllers on WBEL3.  Is that
the version you are using?  I tried using the packages from Adaptec's
website, but they didn't seem to fix the problem.  I read on another
list that the problem does not exist with Enterprise Linux 4, so we
upgraded to that version and have not had issues with those controllers
since.

Dan

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 10:47, Multisys, Jim Keable wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> I am using the above SCSI controller and am having problems where the
> server crashes every 1 to 3 days.
>
> I have used these before without problems, now it seems that I have to
> update the firmware (which I have done) but this does not fix the
> problem.
>
> I now need to install a newer version of AACRAID.
>
> Has anyone done this in whitebox, can anyone help me with it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

Daniel T. Gynn
RHCE #806200978201621
Essential Systems, Inc.
412-931-5403 ext. 1
fax: 412-931-5425
dan.gynn at essensys.com
GnuPG Key http://www.essensys.com/~dan/gpgring.asc
Fingerprint: 0979 73B8 847A 349E 7363  66F4 6A79 DD72 495D CD60