[WBEL-users] New install - Firefox complains "This document contains no data."

Eric Trepanier eric.trepanier at radialpoint.com
Fri Oct 14 12:13:48 CDT 2005

Hi!

I¹m sorry if the following post is an obvious issue but I¹ve looked in the
FAQ section and couldn¹t find any mention of a problem similar to the one
I¹m currently having.

I just downloaded White Box 4 and proceeded to install it on two Dell
desktops.

I installed them both with dual-boot support (Windows XP Pro SP2 was already
installed on both desktops so I used Partition Magic to shrink the Windows
partition on both machines).

When using Firefox, I can browse intranet sites with no problems, but when I
attempt to browse Internet sites, I keep getting ³This document contains no
data.² errors and only get partial/incomplete web responses.

We¹re not using any proxy servers that I am aware of (I do not specify any
proxy settings in either of the Windows boxes, nor do I have to do anything
special on my Mac OS X box).

This is (should be) a regular DHCP network configuration with no need to
specify any additional networking/configuration info (I¹ve installed many
flavors of Windows and Mac OS X on many boxes and on MS Virtual PCs and
never have seen this error message before.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

--
Éric Trépanier
Senior Software Developer, Managed Service Delivery Platform Team
eric.trepanier at radialpoint.com