[Fwd: Re: [WBEL-users] New install - Firefox complains "This document contains no data."]

Eric Trepanier eric.trepanier at radialpoint.com
Fri Oct 14 13:09:20 CDT 2005

The first time I ran lynx, I got the following output:

[erict at frederic ~]$ lynx www.mozilla.org

Looking up www.mozilla.org first
Looking up www.mozilla.org
Making HTTP connection to www.mozilla.org
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Retrying as HTTP0 request.
Looking up www.mozilla.org
Making HTTP connection to www.mozilla.org
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.

lynx: Can't access startfile http://www.mozilla.org/
[erict at frederic ~]

Subsequent attempts to run lynx get mixed results. Sometimes I
apparently get a full pages, sometimes only a part of it.

Frequently, I get the following message displayed (briefly):
Alert!: Unexpected server disconnect.

So it is apparently not a Firefox issue.