[Fwd: Re: [WBEL-users] New install - Firefox complains "This document contains no data."]

Eric Trepanier eric.trepanier at radialpoint.com
Fri Oct 14 14:41:44 CDT 2005

> From: Randy Royer <royer at ureachtechnologies.com>
> Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:22:48 -0400
> To: Eric Trepanier <eric.trepanier at radialpoint.com>
> Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [WBEL-users] New install - Firefox complains "This
> document contains no data."]
>
> Check the nic settings versus the switch you are plugged into.

How would I do that? I imagine, by "Check the nic settings", you are
referring to the System Settings -> Network applet. Why should I look for
explicitly? And how do I check my "switch's" settings?

If it's any help, all my machines (3 physical machines) are plugged into a
small Linksys hub device I have which is itself plugged into my desk's
Ethernet jack.

> Also do an ifconfig -a and see if you see any errors.

I did that, but I don't see any obvious error messages in there.

> You might need to force the network cards speed and duplex.

How would I do that?

I am really sorry, but I don't know a whole lot about the inner workings of
networking. Usually, it "just works" and I don't have to worry about it...
:-(

But thanks for your help!