[WBEL-users] New install - Firefox complains "This document contains no data."

Eric Trepanier eric.trepanier at radialpoint.com
Fri Oct 14 15:10:23 CDT 2005

> From: Cameron Showalter <cameron at gwschool.com>
> Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:56:23 -0700
> To: Eric Trepanier <eric.trepanier at radialpoint.com>
> Cc: <whitebox-users at beau.org>
> Subject: Re: [WBEL-users] New install - Firefox complains "This document
> contains no data."
>
> try adding NOZEROCONF="yes"
> to /etc/sysconfig/network
>
> then do a service network restart and see if that does anything for you.

I tried that but it hasn't changed anything. I still get "This document
contains no data." error messages in Firefox when trying to go out into the
Internet.

It happens with practically all of the sites I try (arstechnica.com,
osnews.com, mozilla.org, etc.) but there are a  few exceptions:

I can navigate to all of the major google sites (google, gmail, maps) and
they all seem to work fine.

I was also able to get slashdot's home page with no errors.

This is really weird!