[WBEL-users] Actualizaciones.

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:17:54 CDT 2005

Beau was affected by Katrina, so they now have very important things
to think about. As I could read in previous threads there is no
intention to make updates available.
But it is possible to use RHEL updates from de public ftp site
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/

In addition, you can use CentOS updates with minor changes to work
properly in your whitebox linux machines

I think you should read the Vivki Reeve's explanation about the status
of the project. I make the paste for you (at this time, whitebox-users
web is out of order):

----PASTE BEGIN-----

Hi Jerry, I think most cross words have resulted from a misunderstanding
of the WBEL project's purpose.  The purpose and a bit of the history are
covered on the web site at:  http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/

To date, John has (wisely I believe) held the project close.  He has
accepted help in several areas and has encouraged others to build on
what he has done (see the 'how to roll your own page' on that site).

The Library supports John's decision to make his work available to
others who can make use of it.  Many people around the world have given
WBEL a try.  Some have continued to use it over the long haul and others
find something that better suits their needs.

It would be nice if everyone in the latter group could leave with a 'so
long and thanks, John' but, people being people, that's not always going
to be the situation.  There are occasional angry words and slammed
doors.

Some have wondered why John does not chime in with a defense when this
happens.  He figures working on the next phase of the project is more
productive than defending what he's done to date.

--
Vicki Reeves, Info Tech Dept          http://beau.org/~vickir
Beauregard Parish Library             http://library.beau.org