[WBEL-users] Ping Problem (seems bug!) on my WBEL4 box.

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 04:25:37 CDT 2005

I have a WBEL4 box that seems to have a strange DNS resolution problem.
When I boot up DNS resolution from DNS Server on the Internet Does not
work. I fire up the Network settings GUI and EDIT the DNS server IP
Address. I simply retype the last dight of the IP address, the DNS
address is not changed at all. Then restart the network and DNS
resolution starts working for browser, mail client etc. All except the
command line...cannot ping or use yum to update...both don't get DNS
resolution, even in root login.

Simply restarting the network does not seem to work...have to edit the
DNSaddress...don't know why...can't think if the GUI script would check
if the IP address has actually been edited, in order to save...but thats
the behaviour I have been getting. Maybe a conflict due to something I
have done...but can't seem to isolate the problem.

It may be a bug that has been already resolved though I cannot find it.
But can't remove the problem as can't update till yum gets the
resolution. Can anyone suggest what to do? Please help.

Best regards.
Sanjay.