[WBEL-users] ext2_write_inode: unable to read inode block

whitebox at telematch.com whitebox at telematch.com
Tue Oct 25 12:33:51 CDT 2005

I have installed WhiteBox Linux EL3 respin 2 on two Dell 6800's.  About once a week I get errors on the RAID 1 pair in the expansion slot like this:

ext2_write_inode: unable to read inode block

and I am unable to access most commands.  When I power down the machine and fsck the drives, I am good for about another week.

Anyone have an idea what could be causing this?  I have tried fiddling with the RAID 1 settings but it doesn't seem to help.  I am getting this behavior on both machines.

 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELhugemem #1 SMP Thu Jun 30 10:30:22 CDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks,

Jarom Hagen
jhagen at telematch.com