[WBEL-users] (no subject)

Kelvin J. Hill kelvin at bughunter.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 06:25:09 CDT 2006

I have a real problem in that I am attempting to install WBEL4 onto a
SMP system with a 440 based motherboard and a DAC960 controller (mylex
acceleraid 250). This combination is a known bad mix but can be overcome
by creating a modified installation CD, with APIC and IOAPIC enabled.
The assistance I am asking for is this...

How do a create a new installer CD with a modified kernel on it?

Is someone can give me the instructions on how the standard
"/images/boot.iso"  on the installation CD is built, I can do the rest.

On the other hand, if someone has already done this work to enable the
following configuration changes in the installation kernel, I would be
very happy to use their installer boot image.
Modify the following line in the kernel config file:

    # CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC is not set

Change it to:

    CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC=y
    CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y

Many thanks.

Kelvin.

Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained in
this e-mail. This e-mail is for the use only of the intended addressee.

If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for
delivering it to the intended addressee, you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any way whatsoever.

To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you receive this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender immediately
by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.

The mail administrator may monitor the content of e-mails sent and received
via this network for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies
and procedures. The contents of this e-mail is the sole responsibility of
the originator. Please address any concerns to abuse at bughunter.co.uk.

Thank you.