[WBEL-users] [OT] Need help with converting old IPFWADM firewall script to iptables under WBEL 4 .

Brad Alpert balpert at fortbradford.com
Sun Apr 16 09:30:34 CDT 2006

I have a situation and am turning to the WBEL community for help.  In
replacing a customer's prehistoric Redhat 6.0 sendmail server to a fast
new DL-360 running WBEL 4, I learned that this machine serves as his
corporate firewall in addition to serving mail.

I have WBEL 4 installed and everything runs great - sendmail,
spamassassin, MailScanner, mailwatch, yadda yadda, so no problem there.

However - I am not particularly skilled in iptables, being able to
modify existing scripts, but I have zero experience with the IPFW stuff.
I'm lost, in other words.

Time is a problem; I need to get the conversion accomplished ASAP and
will pay to get it done.

If you are interested, please contact me off-list and I will send you
the rc.firewall script, which is a pretty simple one.  I can only offer
$50 (via PayPal or whatever) but on the other hand, I wouldn't think
that the conversion would take but a few minutes, as there aren't that
many unique statements in the script.

Thank you in advance!

Brad Alpert
balpert at resultstechnology.com