[WBEL-users] poweroff problem

Terry trryhend at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 10:20:24 CDT 2006

Well, I don't really know for sure but there are probably a couple
things you can try.

See if apm module is compiled into the kernel or is loaded, and if not
load it which should utilize acpi bios option.

Add the option  acpi=on to the kernel line in /etc/grub.conf and reboot.
To toggle back off:
Add the option  acpi=off to the kernel line in /etc/grub.conf and reboot.

I really don't know  what works and does not work.  It will depend on
the hardware you have and how it is utilized.  Not knowing much about
your hardware, I have no idea, (and would probably be pretty clueless
even if I did).