[WBEL-users] Yum stopped working

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Tue Apr 25 15:12:14 CDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 13:24, david wrote:
> As of a recent YUM update, all yum updates have failed.  The thing I notice
> is that it seems to be going for update 4.1 (instead of 4.0), and none of
> the mirror sites seem to have a 4.1 update directory.

Oh poo.  I was starting to hatch the Respin 1 packages.  I forgot and
translated redhat-release-4AS-4.1 to whitebox-release-4.1-1.WB1.  That
doesn't cause a problem with Up2Date but yum looks at the name of the
'release' package.

Now the problem is how to fix it.  Can't really see a way to make it
totally painless.  The original is whitebox-release-4-2.WB2 Looks like
the 4 must remain constant unless a whole bunch of updates subtrees get
created.  So perhaps whitebox-release-4-R1.1.WB1?  That won't auto
update from whitebox-release-4.1-1.WB1 though, though would this be an
appropriate place to use the ability to add an epoch to the .spec?
Guess I just have to experiment.

Stay tuned and for now just manually force the original whitebox-release
back on.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!