[WBEL-users] Sendmail, spammassassin and clamav

Jeff O'Brien jobrien at ntisys.com
Fri Apr 28 07:53:40 CDT 2006

Jon Essen-Moller wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Does anyone have any good howto on how to ;) setup on linuxbox as the
> "receiver" and scanner of mail that later on sends to a second
> linuxbox that only functions as a Dovecot server?
>
> Best regards
>
> /jon

Jon,

Spamassassin Wiki has many howto's on setting it up with clamav with
sendmail.  Setup sendmail per your specs and follow the wiki notes on
getting spamassassin and clamAV integrated then for forwarding it off to
another host we use the mailertable feature of sendmail.

You might want to check out openprotect too
http://www.openprotect.com/ .   Basically compiles everything in pretty
seemlessly, just change your report messages and it just works.

Hope that helps put you in the right direction.

-Jeff

--
Jeff O'Brien
Network Technician/ Manufacturing